Help us build a map!
We are mapping real places in New Zealand featured in books. You can add the book you wrote or the one you are reading.
Extra features: you can also find bookshops and libraries near you.
How to add a book
- We recommend using the full-screen map to do this. It works better on tablets, laptops and PCs.
- Click on “Add a NZ Book”
- Sign in as a “Guest” or use your Facebook or Google account
- Upload a high-resolution image of the book cover
- Add the title and author’s name using this format: The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton.
- Type the location, a real place mentioned in the book: a lake or a river, a street or a neighbourhood, a well-known building or monument and add NZL at the end. Tip: Zoom in and out and move the locator around to find the most accurate location.
- Enter the book summary. Tip: Use a library catalogue or the publisher’s website to copy and paste the book summary. Please, name the source.
- If you are an author or publisher, feel free to add a link at the bottom of your site or blog. Let people know about you, your books and how to buy them.
- To enter more locations from the same book or from a new one repeat 3 to 7.
All entries are reviewed, and only those meeting the criteria above are accepted. If you have any questions or issues, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a smaller version for mobile viewing: