Help us build a map! We are mapping real places in New Zealand mentioned in books. Rivers, mountains, towns and cities, famous buildings and monuments and any other spot we can add on a map. Explore and discover a story near you. To view full-screen use this link > MAP
How to add a book
- Click on “Add a NZ Book” or “Participate”
- Sign in as a “Guest” or using your Facebook or Google account
- Upload a high-resolution image of the book cover
- Add the title and author’s name Tip: Type title using capitalization and add “by” to add the author’s name: The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton.
- Type the location: a lake or a river, a street or a neighbourhood, a well-known building or monument (might not be on the map but you can add the address). Tip: Zoom in and out and move locator around to find the most accurate location. Add NZL at the end of the spot if necessary.
- Enter the book summary. Let us know what is about. Tip: Use a library catalogue or the publisher’s web site to copy and paste the book summary. Name the source.
- To enter more locations from the same book or from a new one repeat 3 to 6.
All entries are reviewed and only those meeting the criteria are accepted.